Happy 2020, babes. I’ve been back at work for 2 weeks and I miss my afternoon naps. I seem to find myself dozing off by 2:30! Something else I miss is traipsing around the house pantsless with no intention of getting dressed unless the pizza guy delivers. So, it’s been a real challenge planning looks in the morning (even for this li’l blogger!). I’m still tired and what little energy I have can’t be spent on overthing my wardrobe.
A month ago, we asked you what you’d like to see more of and you said, “Styling items you already own in different ways,” and we listened! So today, I’ll share how to 12 items into a MONTH’S WORTH OF WORK OUTFITS (also, in preparation for no-buy month!).
I’ve kept the palette neutral with a few simple pieces we should all have accumulated over the past few years to mix and match and play around with. All play very well together. And about 95%, I found for under R100 each!
I haven’t included shoes and accessories in the count since it’s all up to you what to wear with each ensemble so feel free to accessorise as you wish to bring out your own personal style.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- one plain white tee
- one striped tee
- one vest or camisole
- one classic white shirt
- one shirt dress
- one trusty pair of jeans in any wash
- one black pair of joggers, leggings, leggings, chinos or trousers
- one skirt – this may be plain, pleated or printed
- one denim jacket or denim shirt
- one coat or parka jacket
- one waterfall cardi
- one striped summer dress
And here are your thirty-plus looks. I’ve used classic sneakers, nude heels and a selection of small crossbody bags. It’s so amazing how an outfit can change just buy switching out your heels for flats, changing from a structured bag to a laid-back sling, and simply rolling up your jogger legs. Even just wearing your hair up or down changes the whole look!
Where to shop
- plain white tee, Pick n Pay clothing, R69,99 (I think they’re running a 2 for R80 special)
- striped tee, a second hand prize from a friend. She actually bought it at a sample shop for next to nothing!
- one vest or camisole, an old Mr Price buy but you can find these anywhere
- one classic white shirt, Mr Price, on sale for R70!
- one shirt dress, a gift from Pep – one of my absolute faves, R119
- one trusty pair of jeans in any wash – another Pep gift that I LIVE in
- one black pair of joggers, jeggings, leggings, chinos or trousers, Pick n Pay Clothing, on sale for R99
- one skirt – this may be plain, pleated or printed, Mr Price, R80
- one denim jacket or denim shirt, Superbalist, R249
- one coat or parka jacket, Rose coat, Mr Price, R149, Olive parka R299, Exact
- one waterfall cardi, Jet, R80
- one striped summer dress, Pep, R69.99
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and that it made planning outfits a whole lot simpler!